Saturday, November 3, 2012

Project Report

In my absence there has been knitting. I think I have three projects on the needles right now (a scarf, a cowl, and a sock), and some flying off!

I finished the Christmas Bell a while ago. I think I'll add a bell before I declare it 100% finished. The goal is to have two more ornaments knit before December 1st!

I started the Sock for Jason for the second time. This time not in secret. I had him try it on, and it fits! Cue the music! I have turned the heel and now I am started the foot. The plan it to knit just the one at first while I work on other projects. 

I knit a farmer for my son for Christmas, I've named him Charlie. The pattern is from Spud and Chloe at the Farm by Susan B Anderson. I like the pattern, all by the legs. You can find my notes on Rav.

Unfortunately all my Christmas knitting has been put on pause until I can finish a paying gig. A relative of someone at my church is paying me to duplicate a Christmas Stocking. I spent an hour or so creating a chart to match and now I need to buy yarn. It should be an interesting knit. 

I've been thinking about my own Christmas Stocking and I'm not sure how to proceed. I'll be looking through some patterns to find one, but I'm leading towards this one wouldn't that be awesome looking with presents stuffed inside it?


I think after the holidays are over I will need to re-evaluate my list and add to it. If I get done what I plan to before Christmas most of my list will be done!

5 comments:

  1. Farmer Charlie is awesome. I love his overalls :)

    You know, I was just looking at the book Spud & Chloe at the farm, oohing and aahing over all the adorable little things. I just couldn't figure out who I could knit them for (no little ones around). I LOVE the picket fence pattern especially, since it seems like such an odd thing to knit. But if you have the animals, you need some fencing to create the pens, don't you?

    Pomatomus is an awesome pattern; but I'd make two and wear them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Socks, toys and Christmas ornaments - perfect knitting! I'd want to make two and wear them too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing that you're making so much progress on your list! Last year mine had a major overhaul for the new year as well so I think I'll be re-evaluating although I don't think there will be many changes to mine.

    Good luck with the stockings, I'm sure what ever you choose will look fab!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting xmas knitting accomplished..and glad the sock is working out...what a pain they can be..well, for me they are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute little knitted toys! And well done on the christmas knitting!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...