Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Hat







This has just got to be the cutest hat ever, don't you think? Of course the cutest little boy is wearing it so that certainly helps. I made this hat at the beginning of the year after I failed at making him one for Christmas. Well, it wasn't a total failure. I managed to make a hat, just not one he could wear. I made this a bit big so that it would fit more than one year and as a result it falls down over his eyes. Luckily there is a handle to pull it back up again. 

I don't recall the needles I used, they were probably a 7 or an 8. I do remember what I did. I made a gauge swatch, measured the boys head, and figured out how many I would need in the end. I started with the ear flaps. I cast on 3 stitches and made an i-cord then increased in the middle several times over several rows until I had ten(ish) stitches on my needles. I then knit until they were a few inches and put it on a waste piece of yarn while I made the other. I then cast on between the two flaps a few more in the front than in the back.and cast on appropriately. I was going to add a moose afterwards, but the husband said it looked great with out one. The green part is supposed to be grass, water, then rolling hills. Then I was going to duplicate stitch in a moose standing in the water. 

I may write up the pattern if there is enough interest. So if you are interested, let me know!
Pattern is now available for downloading, click the link "download it here" to get your copy!

Download it here

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...